Best of: Michel Gerard
The supporting characters are a large part of what makes Gilmore Girls not just a good show but a great one. Characters like Michel, Suki, Miss Pattie, Babbette, Taylor, Kirk and the rest are so well realised, and get so many great lines, that it gives the show a feeling of taking place in a full, real world where everybody is funny and interesting enough that they could sustain their own show. I’ve often daydreamed about a spin off series that flips the focus, putting Michel and Suki front and centre, and having Lorelei and Rory and Luke and the other main cgaracters’ taking place in the background instead.
"Any generalisation is fallacious"
Gosh aren’t you clever
THAT’S A GENERALISATION
AND GUESS WHAT
Q:Jimi Hendrix, Genesis, AC/DC.
Jimi Hendrix: name 8 things that make you happy.
(Ian, I know you named me in your answer to this— I’m going to be a horrible git and not name any people because it would be too hard to whittle it down to 8. But you would be one of them if I did, obviously)
(I’m also not going to just list my top 8 general things like “comics” and “movies” because they’re going to be kind of obvious.)
1. A happy child on public transport.
2. Arriving at the train station a little earlier than usual when I have enough spare cash to get a hazelnut latte from the surprisingly good coffee stand.
3. Unexpectedly good pub food.
4. A really well narrated audiobook.
5. An unexpectedly free afternoon at home alone.
6. Other people drawing my characters (especially Ideasman).
7. A new recipe that comes out nice.
8. Watching movies with my Beloved.
Genesis: do you genuinely care about others, even strangers?
I’m not a psychopath!
AC/DC: name 7 things people do that piss you off.
(Again, not going to go with my top 7 general things, because they’ll all just be obvious bigotry and sexism related behaviours).
1. Shoving in front of me in a crowded place then immediately slowing down.
2. Talking through songs at concerts.
3. Not stopping to let people cross at zebra crossings (see also, not indicating).
4. Trying to get on trains or buses before people have got off.
5. Treating people in customer service jobs badly.
6. Acting like children (especially babies) making noise in public is some kind of massive personal affront.
7. Tell me how to do my job.
Q:The Runaways and the mamas and papas
The Runaways: Would you say you are self confident?
Depends on context. I’m terrible at selling myself, and I can be star struck easily. I have depressive tendencies and so often have a very low sense of self worth. I’m not scared of confrontation in day to day life, though, and am very confident in a work context, to the point were I’ve always tended to end up in leadership roles. So it depends.
The Mamas And The Papas: Define yourself in 5 words.
Big, hairy, mouthy, thoughtful, awkward.