In which we continue our delve into the eldritch end of the X-Universe, Illyana Rasputin has a rough childhood even by X-Men standards, Kitty Pryde is a Niven fan, Limbo is way metal, Vincent Price is our Belasco, and Rachel and Miles have feelings about female friendships in Claremont’s X-Men.
- Mikhail Rasputin
- Hell dimensions, including but not limited to
- The Void
- The Dark Zone
- The Hill
- The other Limbo
- Yet a third Limbo
- Illyana Rasputin
- Magic vs. Magik
- Uncanny X-Men #160
- Stepping Disks
- Storm and Illyana: Magik #1-4
- Yet another set of alternate X-Men
- The Soulsword
You can find a visual companion to the episode – and links to recommended reading – on our blog.
Support us on Patreon!
Next week: In space, no one can hear you snikt.
Also we have restocked with new copies of #1, so that is now available to order again.
I can vouch for these being very nice.
In which Dr. Nemesis is delightful, Bill Sienkiewicz foreshadows himself, Dracula hits on absolutely everyone, Blade Godwins a crossover event, Jubilee get a jet ski, the X-Men do Castlevania 2, Rachel and Miles pick a vacation destination, and Cyclops wants you to follow your heart.
- Dr. Nemesis
- A very good page of a very good comic
- Dracula variations
- X-Men #159
- Appropriate use of holy symbols
- “The D”
- Tomb of Dracula
- Curse of the Mutants
- Crossover events
- Why we can’t have nice things
- Some really sweet weaponry
- The Dracula Reassembly Machine
- Phone sex with Gambit
- The point of being Lord of the Vampires
- Authorial voice in comics
- Why there probably won’t be a Starjammers movie
Next Episode: Rachel and Miles go to Hell (kind of)!
I am going to draw Dracula. I just haven’t decided which one. All of them, maybe?