Oh however will I manage to answer all these no questions
I reblogged one of those bloody question meme things. Go on, ask me questions.
- Led Zeppelin: 4 turn ons
- The Doors: 2 places you'd like to visit
- Pink Floyd: What are some things that make you sad?
- The Rolling Stones: What's better, a fling/one night stand or serious relationship?
- Jimi Hendrix: Name 8 things that make you happy
- The Runaways: Would you say you are self confident?
- Metallica: Do you have any special talents?
- The Ramones: Do you have any pets?
- Simon and Garfunkel: What song(s) help you get through the day?
- The Beatles: Are you a flirt?
- The Mamas and The Papas: Define yourself in 5 words
- Blondie: Are you a virgin?
- Nirvana: Are you an artistic/creative person?
- David Bowie: Are you a follower or a leader?
- Red Hot Chili Peppers: Have you been to any concerts? Which ones?
- Iron Maiden: Would you say you have a "sexy" figure?
- Guns N Roses: Do you do drugs?
- Motörhead: Are you a totally badass motherfucker?
- Pat Benatar: Ever been in love?
- The Who: 2 of your favorite foods and 2 of the foods you hate
- Pantera: Did you ever get into a fist fight?
- The Moody Blues: What's your favorite genre of music?
- Journey: What's your favorite band?
- Genesis: Do you genuinely care about others, even strangers?
- AC/DC: Name 7 things people do that piss you off
- Paul Anka: Are you a romantic person?
- The Kinks: 3 of your favorite blogs
- Suzi Quatro: What do you look like right now?
- Motley Crue: What are your favorite brands? (Define your sense of style)
- Neil Young: Do you play any instruments?
- Rainbow: What's better, day or night?
- Joan Jett: Sexual orientation?
- The Misfits: Do you have any tattoos or piercings?
- Janis Joplin: In your opinion, what was the greatest time or era for music?
- Deep Purple: 3 of your greatest fears
- The Tragically Hip: 6 things you want to accomplish
- Aerosmith: Favorite celebrity? Least favorite?
- Johnny Cash: Are you a religious person?
- The White Stripes: Are you close with your family?
- Madonna: Describe your crush
RACHEL & MILES X-PLAIN THE X-MEN: THROUGH DEATH AND THROUGH LIFE
Welcome back to Rachel and Miles X-Plain the X-Men, a weekly podcast in which X-Perts Rachel Edidin and Miles Stokes explore the ins, outs, and retcons of fifty years of Marvel’s greatest superhero soap opera!
This week: Rachel and Miles celebrate an anniversary with a retrospective of one of the great romances of the Marvel universe; the Summers/Grey family tree is more of a transdimensional strawberry patch; the X-Men play some football; Professor Xavier is not a jerk; and Scott Summers and Jean Grey are the power couple of existentialism.
- Summers kids
- Scott and Jean
- X-Men #32
- The worst date ever
- Madelyne Pryor
- Plot-relevant prosopagnosia
- Three proposals
- X-Factor #53
- Uncanny X-Men #308
- “Fatal Attractions”
- That one panel that gets us every time
- X-Men vol. 2 #30
- Some really excellent wedding vows
- The best kiss in X-Men
- Cats Laughing
- Why “One” is actually a pretty decent first dance
- Existential ramifications of fictional romance
Next week: Rachel and Miles take a much-needed vacation.
Week after next: The New Mutants!
I am currently inking an illustration for this.
Internet, I need your help. Please go here davidwynne.tumblr.com/ask and tell me every terrible meme, catchphrase or trend you can think of. They don’t have to be geeky or Internet based. Just popular and terrible. It’s for Ideasman, obviously.
ICYMI: September art-of-the-month! Hella Official Rachel and Miles X-Plain the X-Men artist David Wynne drew us this awesome mash-up of the original X-Men and Enid Blyton’s classic YA adventure heroes, the Famous Five.
(Technically, we’re on weekly art now, and that’ll be happening, too, but we’re sufficiently besotted with this to keep it up all September.)
This was immensely fun to draw. Weird, though— see, I’ve never read any Enid Blyton, because my radically left wing mother wouldn’t have her books in the house, so all I have to go on is the 80s Comic Strip Presents parody. Hence the lashings of ginger beer.
The original is for sale, of course. i haven’t put it in the shop, but if you’d like to buy it message me on here or twitter where I’m also @davidwynne.
I posted this on twitter already, then I thought, why deny my tumblr comrades this sneaky peek at what I’m working on in my rare spare moments lately. Yes, it’s Theo. Yes, he’s looking a little… *sexier* than he used to. I dunno, it just seems right. I’ve had certain people tell me they find him attractive, and hey, we could do with some male comics characters being objectified for a change. And for some reason I just really like drawing sexy men, which is only odd because I’m straight. Anyway, yeah, look! I’ve been drawing! In colour, too!
EDIT TO ADD: boy, that’s a lot of defensiveness about Theo not having his jacket on isn’t it? Look, you guys, I am totally secure. TOTALLY.